Thursday, July 9, 2009

Trip to El Prado Museum

Link to photobucket display:

So where to begin? Yesterday I took a trip with Sampere to look at the classic Spanish art inside El Prado museum where they held works of Goya, Velazquez and many more. Inside I got to see all these art pieces that I thought only existed in textbooks. Unfortunately there was no photography allowed inside so I can only show the exterior of El Prado (beautiful nonetheless) and pictures online.

Statue of Goya outside the Prado


I can´t say much unless I have photos with me. you can check them out on the photobucket account. My only wish for the trip was that I had more time to get a really good look at everything and that I had an art crazy friend with me who would be willing to debate on all the little things about the pieces. The Prado museum strikes as a museum with a very classical air about it, where the museum itself is an art piece: reeking of history and beauty. I liked Velazquez's work but I am honestly a fan of Goya's work. His paintings and drawings have a rugged style that are used to express the pain, confusion, and tragedy of war that felt a lot more honest than that of other paintings I've seen. There's something special about seeing Las Meninas (Velazquez's masterpiece) in person that brings out the painting's qualities a lot more. It's a piece that you want to see in person, because these online photos do it no justice.

Garden outside the Prado


Well other than that I´ll be heading to Toledo on Saturday, I´ll be sure to bring more photos and tales by Monday.

-Guillermo :D

All art is autobiographical; the pearl is the oyster's autobiography.

-Ferderico Fellini

No comments:

Post a Comment