Thursday, July 2, 2009

Tapas

Link to the Flickr page:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/28807972@N07/sets/

What a busy week it has been, and I have an exam tomorrow so I haven´t exactly been all that active but I still managed to put some fun time in.

Professor Tardio dropped by to see how we were all doing and she took us all out for some Tapas and Sangria. We then all chatted about how we´ve been doing, the museum trips we took, excursions, and talking about the classes that everyone has taken. The tapas were great, the sangria was amazing, but we weren´t quite done yet with the night...

Hanging out with Professor Tardio

Professor Tardio went out with some of her own friends to a jazz club, while we went out to find another restaurant. We ordered more tapas, cracked jokes told stories, and even invited other friends of ours to drop by and relax with us.

Tapas!!!

The next day I finally got my Metro pass! 46 € for unlimited travel on the bus and the metro for the month of July. One thing that bugged me is that you get a discount if you are under 21, but you have to wait 15-20 days to actually get the pass after you buy it. Seeing as how I had about 18 or so days left in Madrid, it was a smart idea to just get the normal one where although you pay more, you don´t have to wait. Now there´s a big hole in my wallet, but now I don´t have to worry about buying tickets left and right. So just a word of advice: if you´re staying in Madrid GET A METRO PASS. Depending when you arrive and how long you´re planning on staying you should determine if you should get the normal or the youth one (but if you´re 21 just get one ASAP).

I see a man selling these ¨Afghan Toys¨ by the Metro everyday...

The same day I took a tour down the streets by the school to visit the most important buildings in Spain. We saw the Spanish Treasury, the city hall, and other historical landmarks/important buildings. You can go see all these buildings and monuments on the Flickr feed. Here´s just a sample:

The bear and the tree: Madrid´s official emblem

The first public advertisment in Madrid (popular meeting spot)

Treasury of Madrid



That night I went out for some tapas at El Tigre, a bar in Chueca, but seeing as I had to study for the exam Friday, I left early. It was an amazing deal! For 2,50€ you get a small drink, and a plate of tapas... if you can find a seat (it´s always packed in there).

Tapas from El Tigre

I will go on an excursion to Alcala this Saturday and bring back tons of photos :D in the meantime enjoy the Flickr feed and I´ll keep you all updated as much as I can.

-Guillermo

The year's at the spring,
And day's at the morn;
Morning's at seven;
The hill-side's dew-pearled;
The lark's on the wing;
The snail's on the thorn;
God's in his Heaven -
All's right with the world!

-Robert Browning from Pippa Passes

No comments:

Post a Comment