Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Initiation

My name is Guillermo Gomez and I am one of the lucky few who will be studying abroad in Spain this summer . Here I will be blogging for the CIT about my experience in Spain, as I indulge in the rich culture of Spain by living with a Spanish family, taking courses at Estudio Sampere, and exploring the cities of Madrid and Alicante. I will be updating this blog weekly (possibly more often) and will be adding photos, videos, and whatever else I can add.

The CMU in Spain program is a program with Carnegie Mellon University and Estudio Sampere to have CMU students do a study abroad program in Madrid and either Alicante or Salamanca. I will study in Madrid for four weeks and in Alicante for two weeks. I will stay with two host families, one during my time in Madrid and another during my time in Alicante. In Spain I will take classes on the Spanish language and the Spanish culture and have excursions in the cities.

My flight leaves June 20th, I will add another post when I arrive in Madrid. Feel free to post and ask questions about the program.

The beginning of a journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step
-Confucius

1 comment:

  1. HI GUILLERMO, JUST A QUICK NOTE TO LET YOU KNOW THAT WE ARE ALL VERY PROUD OF YOU, HAVE A GREAT TIME IN SPAIN STUDY HARD AND DONT BE FLIRTING WITH NO SENORITAS LOL.... KEEP IN TOUCH LOVE, AUNT LYDIA, COUSINS FRANK,CAROL,FRANKIE AND MONIQUE!!!

    ReplyDelete